The grocery/department store two blocks away has an escalator. I was riding up, and a group of what looked like high school age kids riding down. Three were black, the first guy shouts out "Black Lives Matter!" I smile a little, and notice they all have a power fist up. So, I give them the power fist. Two of them nod, I nod back, we are past each other.
A small thing.
Restarted therappy for the cptsd, which is hard. Realized how much I value bravery in myself. So when I'm not brave, it's not good.
I salvaged more of the pine/fir branches from the fallen tree across the street, as mulch. And patched my neighbor's half drive in front of his house from the bag of concrete he let me salvage from his chimney repair.
Zeppo crowding Eleanor.
Roses and hummingbird trumpets. Missed a photo, but got to watch a hummingbird this morning.



6 comments:
Good to see things looking calmer - and seeing hummingbirds, how wonderful. The nearest approximation here is the Humming Bird Hawk Moth, but it's not the same!
Black Lives Matter! Small things mean much in these times. Naomi Osaka continues to use her platform and how can I do less?
RR,
I've seen two of that group of moths this summer, for the first time.
Rou,
We all shout into th wind, maybe we can get our voices through.
I've often thought that small things are often the most significant (and I'm reminded of the comment about trying to sleep with a mosquito in the room).
I'm currently grading essays about the use of voice in protest. The mental effort is exhausting but the topic's fascinating.
Pete,
The angels and the devils are in the details. Dancing on pins.
Hugs for being brave.
Zeppo is being brave too?
Post a Comment