I have been looking for this Carmina Burana, not Orff*, for thirty years. Finally. The ex bought it, I fell in love with it. When I escaped, he returned a lot of crap to me that I didn't want, but not this album that I actually wanted. Clothes hangers, yes, this album, no. Dreadful fucker. It was my one lingering regret, that I could not recall the name, could not save the music that so entranced me.
Stewart Copeland is doing a series called Adventures in Music Altered States. He mentions this body of songs, not from this musician. I look it up on wiki, and finally, after all this time, recognized the name. Rene Clemencic. He has my birthday, godsdammit. And they are coming to town, so I pull out the inheritance card, and bloodyshitballs, we are GOING!
Ok,I'm a little excited, this is hitting all the damn synchronicities.
And. It's not actually the same group, but we're going anyway, and I'm still excited.
*I don't really like the Orff Carmina Burana.
3 comments:
Whatever works.
Oooh, favorite musicians and proximity and timing! Happy convergence! We have the first number on a medieval compilation CD that we've played to death. I don't like the Orff either.
Nimble,
Music is so individual and emotional potent. I've missed local performances of amazing groups on a number of key occasions. This hit means a lot to me, even if it turns out not quite what I imagine.
Post a Comment