Saturday, November 18, 2017

Graupel

Beauty all around. Love and kindness. Light and hope lurk.

Wind turned to rain turned to snow yesterday, graupel actually.

Welcome turning. Enduring anxiety with grim determination, I wait impatiently.

Better dreams last night, of crumbling away the white sepulchres.

House cleans up well, gleaming quietly to herself, a hum.


Watching Dylan dealing with his family, his feelings coming clear.

Where mine were abusive, his were neglectful, manipulative and assumptive.

And he is himself. So he must deal. As himself.

In his own way, his own time, as I stand aside.

We all walk our own path, if we live well.

7 comments:

the polish chick said...

familes - the greatest blessing or the greatest curse. sometimes both at the same time.
hang in there!

Catalyst said...

And here we are nearing the Holidays, when families gather. And fight. Graupel, indeed.

Zhoen said...

Freda,
Well, not my family, so much less fraught for me.

Cat,
I'll stay home.

Relatively Retiring said...

Great wisdom, Zhoen. It's often such a struggle to stand well back in the knowledge that people have to do things their way.

Zhoen said...

RR,
I haven't always managed it, but I've learned.

My muscles don't get strong if someone else does my exercise for me. I don't get smart when someone else studies for me. We do the work not just to get the job done, but to learn the lesson inside it.

Rouchswalwe said...

Haa ... I had to look this up to see if I had the term right ... Graupel. You are so cool. I don't think anybody near me has ever used this word in my vicinity. I wonder if the English - grapple - is related somehow?

Zhoen said...

Rou,
I assume English just stole it from German, with no intention of giving it back.

It's pretty common around here in the winter.